Thursday, September 19, 2013

Picking My Battles

Not so long ago my wife told me I have to pick my battles with my son.  She told me it's not worth fighting over every little thing, and that it's probably best to choose my spots when dealing with him.  I officially call bullshit on that. 

I'll be the first one to agree picking your battles in incredibly important in a relationship.  When you have two people working to build a life together, that is incredibly important.  But not when dealing with a two year old who's trying to drink out of the toilet. 

As far as I'm concerned, he is my son.  Not my friend, or my partner.  He's my tenant living rent free in my house.  Hell, I've already used the phrase "because I said so", and felt drunk with power after saying it.  Can you imagine me saying that to my wife?  I'd be on the couch by nightfall.

So now my wife has to live with a stubborn two year old, and a husband who firmly believes that "Either I win, or we all lose".

She is soooooooo screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment