Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Son Got Himself Stuck In A Hanger...

I don't know what to make of this.  I'm trying to figure out if this is just him being two, or if my son is just an idiot.  But my oh so adorable child, managed to get a hanger stuck around his waist for the 3rd time. 

I don't understand what goes through his head when he does this.  One would think, after the first time he would learn.  I can even see it happening a second time, before he thinks "Maybe, I shouldn't do that".  But not my boy, I stood there and watched him step into the hanger, bend down, and lift it up until it could not go up any further.

I then had to do my best to stifle my laughter as this poor child proclaimed "Stuck, Daddy, Stuck!".   It was quite the pitiful sight to see, but the smart ass in me couldn't waste this opportunity.  He stated again "Stuck, Daddy, Stuck!", to which I replied "I can see that".

The sight even got more pitiful, as he went on with "Help, Daddy, Help".  Which I dutifully said "No.  You got yourself in there, you get yourself out of it".  Then I could actually see the wheels turning in his head as he examined his predicament.  His solution, sit down and roll until it comes off, which even I wasn't a big enough ass to let him attempt.  So I told him to stand up, and walked him through "the process" of pushing a hanger down.

Now here's the interesting part.  I've seen this child have gems of ingenuity, that have genuinely impressed me.  I've watched him construct a ladder, to get a hold of food that was left out on the counter.  So what does it say when he gets stuck in a hanger? 

Guess time will tell if we're saving money for his college, or to put in a swimming pool

No comments:

Post a Comment